Guide to Google+ Profile Page Setup
As the ever-evolving world of social media continues to grow, so too does Google+. The social network developed and released by Google in 2011 continues to promote great content, grow circles, allow you to connect, expand your reach and impact the search results in your favor and much more.
To get started and set up your Google+ profile, just follow the steps below.
- Sign in: to your Google account and select Google+
- Create your public profile:
- Add People: (people you know, coworkers, family, friends, interest groups and/or businesses)
- Add Basic Information: (Employer, education, location, profile image)
- Tips to build your page: About Section
- Profile Picture: 250 pixels wide and 250 pixels long
- Cover Photo: 180 pixels wide and 940 pixels wide
- Tagline: 10 words include job description/title
- Introduction: 2 paragraphs: First paragraph discuss professional life and second personal life. Link your employer/company with any keywords that apply in the first paragraph of this section.
- Bragging Rights: Something you are proud of stated in one sentence.
- Occupation: 3-4 sentences about where you work and what you do.
- Employment: Previous and current work experience
- Education: Schools attended and years you were there
- Recommended links: Other professional profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog etc.
- Continue: sharing content, adding to your circles, about section, photos and videos.
Want to learn more about Google+ or the importance of SEO and social media marketing tactics? Visit our blog for consistent updates and free tips or give us a call at 770-481-1766.